Tuesday 11 February 2014

Paper Prototype

Write about making a paper prototype. What problems did it help you to solve with your game idea?

Making a paper prototype is pretty easy for me. Why? Well, first of all, because I am so used to this routine when it comes to creating games. Another thing is that if you think about it, it's all about putting your ideas in paper, which is really easy. It's just like a rough draft with lots of details... I don't know, it's kind of hard to explain because it all depends on the person when making a paper prototype and I don't know what words I can use to describe how easy it is to me. Just to let you know, making a paper prototype is the beginning of having fun in this class.

Like I said, coming up with my game topic, which is about Alexander the Great, was kind of hard. I've been used to politics, safe driving, and healthy living, so this is like a new experience for me. At first, I thought that making a game about Alexander was going to be hard. This is because Alexander was known for being a great leader and he had tons of events in his life, so how would I choose a good,"mission?" Easy. I began to do my research and I found lots of them. Then I read about Bucephalus and I thought that it would be fun using this life event of his. When it came to making the level for the paper prototype, it was sort of given to me. His life story about Bucephalus gave me an easy idea of how to make it into a game. At the same time, coming up with enemies and collectables, it was really breathtaking. We had this deadline and the thing with me is that, I like taking my time when it comes to drawing. Yeah, I had to hurry with my paper prototype, but in the end, it all paid off because I have my ideas in my mind, which is awesome because I have the option to change things in my game.

Paper Prototyping is really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment